Monday, December 7, 2015

Learning How to be Wise with My Mulah!

$$$$$$$

I  might not have a family or many financial responsibilities at 22 years old, but this past semester I took one of the most important classes at Brigham Young University: Family Finance.

$$$$$$$

So often I think to myself that it would be nice if money just grew on trees and I could focus on the exciting things in life.  I have always been scared to look at my bank account because I just didn't know how to see things in the right perspective.  BUT honestly, SFL 260 - Family Finance has changed that all for me.  I now know how to create a working budget and stay within it so that I am saving money rather than dumping it all down the drain.

$$$$$$$

Dr. Hill's class taught me so many life altering ways to be smart with my money and I will always be grateful!  Here are just a couple things I learned and reasons why I love this class:

1. You will always be happy if you can learn how to live within your means.
2. Financial decisions should always be made together as husband and wife.
3. You should only go in debt for things that have lasting value: 
Education, Modest Housing, and Basic Transportation.
4. Start investing yesterday.
5. I now know how to file my taxes... 
it's time consuming, but a lot easier than I thought it was
6. I know how find my price range for a modest home.
7. We should never be afraid of our bank account(s).
8. Take the time to make the right decisions, always "sleep on it."
9. H.A.L.T. Never buy anything when you are Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired.
10. Financial blessings are meant to be used to bless others.
11. Pay the Lord first (10%), yourself second (10%), and then everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment